The Cycle of Joy – A bit of insight from what I understand to be Joy - by WJC

15:30

 I have coached many sports and seeing people develop and find Joy in achieving is amazing, a deep part of my life. So when I had to stop sport due to weak bones, I switched my coaching to Art, and it works! 

I love leading workshops at Centrepieces Mental Health Arts Project as when people grow and achieve, I feel great! I realise that this is an experience of Joy. 


Joy is important as it fuels our inner being; so what is Joy? I find it difficult to put into words so here are some bullet points that made sense to me. Sorry for the technical speak that follows but bear with!

Joy is a state developed by our will; you have to commit to being joyous even if you don’t feel it! Believe in Joy even if you don’t feel it now.

You need to seek activity that stimulates our natural neurological process that produces the state of Joy. Example: finishing a painting you like.

We can decide to pursue activity that leads to a state of Joy. (even if we feel down).

Once in the state of Joy we can then stimulate Joy in others 

 Joy is a cycle; it depends on us to choose to energise the cycle by giving and receiving Joy. 

Mother Teresa, ‘The Ambassador of Joy’ said:

“Joy is very infectious; therefore, be always full of joy!”

Hopefully you have read my blog on the reservoir of Joy, If not it’s on this blog.

#LGCartprize2024


To vote for WJC's artwork in the LGC Art Prize 2024, follow this link and vote on entry number 96.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

GALLERY

Click below for Centrepieces Gallery: